Westchester Man Sentenced For Sexually Abusing Minor For Years Westchester Man Sentenced For Sexually Abusing Minor For Years
Westchester Man Sentenced For Sexually Abusing Minor For Years A serial sexual abuser who was convicted of abusing a child for several years in Westchester will spend years in prison. White Plains resident Frank Perez, age 57, has been sentenced to five years in state prison, followed by eight years of post-release supervision for sexually abusing a minor between 2016 and 2019, Westchester County District Attorney Mimi Rocah announced. Perez will also have to register as a sex offender upon his release from prison. Rocah said that between September 2016 and February 2019, Perez engaged in sexual acts with a minor on multiple occasions. The sexual abus…
27-Year-Old Sentenced For Sex Trafficking Victim To Long Island Hotels, Motels 27-Year-Old Sentenced For Sex Trafficking Victim To Long Island Hotels, Motels
27-Year-Old Sentenced For Sex Trafficking Victim To Long Island Hotels, Motels A Long Island man has been sentenced for forcing a victim to engage in prostitution at hotels and motels in Suffolk and Nassau counties over the course of two years.  Dominic Cunningham, age 27, of Roosevelt, had pleaded guilty to three felony sex trafficking counts, and charges of second-degree promoting prostitution, and third-degree intimidating a victim or witness, according to the Nassau County District Attorney.  He was sentenced on Friday, July 9 to seven years in prison and a maximum of five years of supervision after his release. He is also required to register as a …
Local Man Nabbed For Violating Sex Offender Registry Resists Arrest, Police Say Local Man Nabbed For Violating Sex Offender Registry Resists Arrest, Police Say
Local Man Nabbed For Violating Sex Offender Registry Resists Arrest, Police Say A high-risk sexual offender in the Hudson Valley was arrested again for allegedly violating the Sex Offender Registry, officials said. The Ulster County Sheriff’s Office announced the arrest of Town of Ulster resident Christopher Johnson, age 29, who also allegedly resisted when troopers attempted to take him into custody. Johnson, a Level 3 sex offender, was the subject of an investigation earlier this month due to an active warrant out for his arrest for violating the Sex Offender Registry, police said. When he was located, Johnson allegedly physically resisted. He was charged with viola…
Grand Jury Indicts Convicted Rapist Accused Of Riding Bus 1,450 Miles To AC Motel For Kid Sex Grand Jury Indicts Convicted Rapist Accused Of Riding Bus 1,450 Miles To AC Motel For Kid Sex
Grand Jury Indicts Convicted Rapist Accused Of Riding Bus 1,450 Miles To AC Motel For Kid Sex A convicted rapist took a bus from Oklahoma to Atlantic City to meet two men he thought were bringing their pre-teen daughters for sex, an indictment returned by a state grand jury says. The “dads” turned out to be undercover members of the New Jersey State Police and U.S. Homeland Security Investigations. Aaron D. Craiger, 34, of Oklahoma City originally was arrested in March 2020 after he checked into a motel with condoms and pot that he wanted to smoke with the “girls,” ages 11 and 12, the indictment returned Friday in Trenton says. He has remained in custody since then. SEE: Oklahoma …
Burlington Man Admits Possessing Child Pornography, Prosecutor Says Burlington Man Admits Possessing Child Pornography, Prosecutor Says
Burlington Man Admits Possessing Child Pornography, Prosecutor Says A 21-year-old man from Burlington Township has pleaded guilty fo child pornography charges, authorities said. James Hunt, of Threadleaf Terrace admitted to the crime in exchange for a three-year state prison sentence, according to Burlington County Prosecutor Scott Coffina. Hunt entered a guilty plea last week in Mount Holly to endangering the welfare of a child, Coffina said. He will be placed on the state’s sex offender registry upon release and also be under parole supervision for life. Superior Court Judge Philip E. Haines scheduled Hunt's sentencing for July 28. An investigation…
Staten Island Janitor Gets 3 Years Prison For Seeking Sex With Girl In South Jersey Motel Staten Island Janitor Gets 3 Years Prison For Seeking Sex With Girl In South Jersey Motel
Staten Island Janitor Gets 3 Years Prison For Seeking Sex With Girl In South Jersey Motel A 44-year-old hospital janitor has been sentenced to three years in state prison for arranging to have sex with a 14-year-old girl in a Burlington County motel, authorities said. John Emilio of Staten Island pleaded guilty on Dec. 23, 2020, to attempted endangering the welfare of children in exchange for the plea-bargained sentence, according to Burlington County Prosecutor Scott Coffina. He tried to arrange the sexual encounter over the internet, Coffina said.  “This defendant’s calculated, predatory behavior presented a very real and very dangerous threat to the vulnerable populati…
SCAM ALERT: PA Courts Warn Of Callers Threatening To Put People On Sex Offender Registry SCAM ALERT: PA Courts Warn Of Callers Threatening To Put People On Sex Offender Registry
Scam ALERT: PA Courts Warn Of Callers Threatening To Put People On Sex Offender Registry The Administrative Office of Pennsylvania Courts is warning the public of a phone scam that involves the caller threatening to add people to a sex offender registry if they do not share payment information.  When people receive the phone call, they are told they have unpaid court fines and outstanding fees, and if they don’t give payment information over the phone the caller threatens to contact the police and have them placed on the Pennsylvania sex offender registry, says AOPC. AOPC says they will never place calls or solicit payment by credit card, gift card or any other means of …
South Jersey Man Admits Trying To Meet Teenager For Sex South Jersey Man Admits Trying To Meet Teenager For Sex
South Jersey Man Admits Trying To Meet Teenager For Sex A 36-year-old man from Camden County has admitted trying to meet a teenage girl for sex at a Burlington County park, authorities said. In a plea-bargained exchange for a three-year state prison sentence, Jason McCann of Blackwood pleaded guilty to attempt to commit endangering the welfare of a child - impairing or debauching the morals of a child, according to Burlington County Prosecutor Scott Coffina. McCann attempted to meet what he thought was a 13-year-old girl for sex at a park in Bordentown Township, Coffina said. McCann will also be placed on the New Jersey sex offender r…
No Parole For 10 Years For Confessed Pedophile Who Sexually Assaulted Child In Clifton, Passaic No Parole For 10 Years For Confessed Pedophile Who Sexually Assaulted Child In Clifton, Passaic
No Parole For 10 Years For Confessed Pedophile Who Sexually Assaulted Child In Clifton, Passaic The family of an 8-year-old child who was sexually assaulted by a Passaic man in two different homes participated in his sentencing Friday via Zoom, authorities said. Eloy Hernandez-Garcia, 59, was arrested last October following an investigation by the Passaic County Prosecutor’s Office Special Victims Unit. Rather than go to trial, Hernandez-Garcia took a deal from prosecutors, pleading guilty to two counts of sexual sexual assault on a child at homes in both Passaic and Clifton, Passaic County Prosecutor Camelia Valdes said. Superior Court Judge Justine A. Niccollai sentenced Hernande…
Paterson Man, 68, Who Sexually Assaulted Three Kids Could Be Out In Less Than 7 Years Paterson Man, 68, Who Sexually Assaulted Three Kids Could Be Out In Less Than 7 Years
Paterson Man, 68, Who Sexually Assaulted Three Kids Could Be Out In Less Than 7 Years A Paterson man will be 75 before he'll be eligible for parole under a plea-bargained sentence handed down this week for sexually assaulting three children over the course of several years. Ramon Torres, 68, was arrested in November 2019 by detectives from the Passaic County Special Victims Unit. An investigation found that Ramon had “committed acts of sexual contact upon three children under the age of thirteen with whom he was acquainted…between the years of 1985 and 2019 in the City of Paterson,” Passaic County Prosecutor Camelia Valdes said. Rather than go to trial, Torres pleaded guil…
Homeless Man Arrested For Failure To Register As Sex Offender Homeless Man Arrested For Failure To Register As Sex Offender
Homeless Man Arrested For Failure To Register As Sex Offender A homeless man was recently arrested for failure to register with Massachusetts as a sex offender while on an extended stay at a Route 5 motel. On Wednesday, Feb. 10, police arrested Jonathan Rojko whose formal address is the streets of Holyoke. In December 2020, West Springfield Police received a tip that an alleged sex offender, Rojko, had been staying at the Bel Air Motel, 387 Riverdale Road (Route 5), since late-July. As of Thursday, Feb. 10, Rojko does not appear in the Massachusetts searchable registry of sex offenders.  On Jan. 21, police applied for, and were soon granted, a…
Unregistered Sex-Offender Discovered Living In MA Suburbs Unregistered Sex-Offender Discovered Living In MA Suburbs
Unregistered Sex-Offender Discovered Living In MA Suburbs An un-registered sex-offender has been located in a quiet, suburban neighborhood and arrested by police. On Thursday, Nov. 5, police arrested Level 3 sex-offender Gerry A. Lewis, 63, of West Springfield, on a charge of failure to register as a level 2 or level 3 sex-offender, police said. Lewis had allegedly been living on Sibley Avenue in West Springfield for two months without registering his new address, police said. Lewis allegedly moved from Agawam to West Springfield in March, police said. Lewis was convicted of indecent assault and battery on a child under 14 years of age in 1995,…